The Centre for International Economics
With three decades of experience, the Centre for International Economics is a boutique economic consultancy that provides independent, quantitative, evidence-based advice to support practical decision-making. Our work is about applying the tools and techniques of economic analysis to help solve problems for our government, private, non-government, and international clients.
We work across all sectors and have built a reputation for analysing difficult and complex economic issues, and producing well researched, comprehensive and credible economic assessments. We are proud to make available a wide range of our reports, which are published on our website and available upon request.
Recent Reports and News
- Trade liberalisation, Free Trade Agreements (FTA)
- Economic contribution of the Australian gaming machine industry
- The CIE Sydney have relocated
- Analysis of capital gains tax changes
- Saving for one’s care: Understanding how Health Savings Accounts can help fund the health of Australians
- NSW Container Deposit Scheme
- Mobile and fixed line convergence: Current and future usage of fixed and mobile broadband services and economic and policy implications
- Balancing price and service for urban water customers
- The CIE celebrates 30 years